Summer officially began on 21st June 2017, and we all know that summer should means quality time together with the family making memories.
It also means Potters' 2017 #SummerOfFun Family Festival breaks are nearly here, so here's your ultimate guide on what to expect from summer 2017…
What is the theme of Summer at Potters?
The first thing to tell you is that #SummerofFun Family Festival breaks feature amazing activities and entertainment line-ups and a real feel-good atmosphere in comfortable family-friendly surroundings. Join the Potters community, meet new friends, see the talent we have on the East coast and discover our larger-than-life comedy characters. It’s your chance to enjoy all the fun of a festival, but with all the comfort you could want.
To get you started in the festival vibe, the whole family will be issued with a special wristband on arrival, so you’ll feel part of the action from day one. And remember, pretty much everything is included in your break…
The big tip from the leader of our madcap Comedy Team Mark Brewer was "jump in with everything on offer and have a go. Take a deep breath and get ready for non-stop fun. Try everything once," and we just can't disagree with him!
What can we do during the day?
We put the active into activities... there is so much on offer for all ages to enjoy.
You and your family will love drum workshop sessions, and the day entertainments team will treat you with circus workshops. Kids can try and fill their VIP lanyards with stamps from all the activities they take part in, and there’s Bushcraft sessions, gameshows, and a Glow Paint Party in VIPs, while familiar comedy characters will be around to keep everyone on their toes.
Football Coaching is on offer, as are Kids’ Clubs, The Sweeper, Rally Karts, Laser Clays, Segways, climbing walls, quizzes and much, much more. And don't forget the sports and leisure facilities, like swimming pools and a fully-equipped gym.
Singers will also be performing alfresco on the Family Green on select afternoons as you dance along, or relax with a cocktail in hand enjoying the live music. There will even be some Open Mic sessions, so you can showcase your talent in front of a live audience. Comedians will be providing the laughs, and our very own Comedy Team will be around to create their usual mayhem. You’ll receive a programme on arrival showing all the activities on offer.
What can we do in the evenings?
Of course, it wouldn’t be Potters without some brilliant live entertainment.
In the evening let our in-house Potters Theatre Company and the Comedy Team entertain you with their spectacular new 2017 shows on the main stage in the Atlas Theatre. The Great American Songbook celebrates unforgettable music from the USA, while the brand-new summer show A Night at the Movies: Take 2 is a movies-inspired extravaganza packed full of live singing and dancing, and some of the quickest costume changes you’ll ever see! Amazingly, the Company create and produce EVERYTHING from scratch.
And let's not forget there's always VIPs for late-night entertainment, while singers, bands and DJs will have you dancing all night long...
What else is included in a family break?
Four meals a day, comfortable accommodation in hotel or bungalow accommodation, a warm and friendly welcome from every one of the award winning on-Resort team, and much more.
Indeed, there’s so much for all ages to enjoy at Potters, you don’t need to take our word for it... here’s some comments from guests who enjoyed their 2016 #SummerOfFun Family breaks:
- Rochelle "This is my third visit, but first for my daughter and grandson. We had such a good time that we booked to return next year. Staff are wonderful, so friendly, and service in the restaurant was excellent. Loved the entertainment, which is as good as any London show. Mark Brewer has always been my favourite, and now my grandson and daughter have seen him perform they love him too. My grandson is 11 and I've never seen him laugh so much! Plenty of activities for everyone."
- Lizzy "Another brilliant weekend spent with the family, and ages range from 11 to 72. Great food, fantastic evening entertainment, very comfortable accommodation, and a tiring amount of sports and activities to try out. A great weekend had by all, and hopefully it won't be too long before we return. Cannot fault the Resort."
- Wade "Another great weekend with family and friends ranging from 7-80 years. Something for everyone, and so many activities to try, and no extra cost! Great entertainment, and how they remember it all amazes me. Food was great, far too much, and thank you to Jack our waiter, who was great. A big thank you to Paul Reaney who encouraged my seven-year-old so much during the football. He's not a natural footballer but his lack of skills didn't matter, as Paul kept him focussed until the end, even though he was a nightmare! Can't fault Potters, the accommodation is great, staff amazing, and we will be back soon."
- Kay "Our first holiday at Potters and will definitely be going again. Five-star service all round. Couldn't fault the holiday, and so much to do but not enough time to do it all."
- Steven "Yet again another fantastic time at Potters. We introduced another family to the Resort and they also thoroughly enjoyed it. Hoping to return next year. The accommodation, food, activities and entertainment are all first class. Potters do a great job of all-round entertainment within an affordable budget for all the family."
- Steve "So much for everyone to do…evening entertainment is fantastic, great food and you can't beat this place in the UK. Been many years and the staff are amazing too. Everyone focusses on making your time the best it can be."
- David "I feel that no-one beats Potters for an excellent all-round family holiday. There are many activities available for adults and children, there is a very good choice of food, and the evening entertainment is superb."
- Sue "Celebrated a family weekend for our son's 40th birthday. There were 14 of us aged from 18 months to 74 years. Potters is one of the best Resorts we have ever visited. Once you've paid for your accommodation, there's not much else you need to spend your money on. You get four meals a day, loads of activities to suit all ages and amazing evening entertainment."
"The staff are incredibly friendly and it feels like one big happy family. There is no pressure to take part in anything if you don't want to. It was so relaxed and everyone wants to return. It's the sort of little oasis that people return to. The weekend we were there, 'Edie' was going home after a two-week stay. Edie is 100 years old and has been enjoying Potters for 69 years, and she was treated like royalty. Well done Potters! Now we have discovered Potters we will definitely be back. Next time we will try an adult break and sneak there without the children!"
So what are you waiting for? From Friday 21st July to the end of August 2017, Potters is the place to be for summer!