They are among the first and last faces you see on a Potters break, and your first port of call for information and enquiries.
That’s why we wanted to celebrate our lovely reception team on Thursday 31st May by hosting a Reception Team Recognition Day.
The Reception team and other members of staff from across Resort donned their aprons to do some baking for a cake sale, with sales from this and a raffle raising £1,244.85 for Potters Friends Foundation, a community interest company founded in memory of Brian Potter MBE, to support worthy causes in the community.
Potters team of 11 receptionists, plus five porters, were treated to a delicious breakfast and lunch, and an afternoon of activities, including Zumba, by our Zumba qualified receptionist Lindsey, plus Kurling, The Giant’s Swing, a 13.5 metre 3G swing that hoists you to great heights, and The Sweeper, a Total Wipeout-inspired challenge. Other members of the 585-strong Potters team covered Reception, while the team enjoyed their day.
We caught up with our reception manager, Abbigail, who said: “Every guest gets a warm and friendly welcome from our reception team, so we wanted to celebrate the team, as they work extremely hard in welcoming guests on Resort and being the main contact. They really do go above and beyond, and its lovely being appreciated by the rest of the Resort. Celebrating the day with the team is really important to me as it recognises their commitment, hard work and success, and we all had a lot of fun spending time together as a team, while raising money for Potters Friends Foundation in the process.”
A big thank you to our lovely Receptionists for doing such an excellent job and always with a smile. We hope you had a fantastic day!
Here’s a few recent comments from guests on the team…
- The check-in process was so easy. The rooms were not ready on arrival as we arrived early, but the reception team allowed us to fill all the paperwork in, and gave us the key and a time when we could head to the room (this saved queuing up all over again). Thank you to everyone, the reservation team, reception, chef, entertainments team, waiters/waitress, housekeeping, bar staff, shop staff… you are all a credit to the company – becton01
- All staff from reception, bar staff, waiters and generally everyone who works there were very helpful and friendly. Would definitely go back – sjjj662018
- The entertainment was excellent and also the staff were very professional and friendly. We always get a very good service from the minute we check in, to the minute we leave. Staff always go beyond the call of duty. Well done to all the Potters team – monkey5142
- The staff were very friendly and went out of their way to assist us – ianegurney
- Just a couple of nights, but these guys could teach more hotels and cruise ships a thing or two. Very spacious and well -equipped room after a check-in by friendly and professional staff on Reception. Staff are clearly Potters great asset and the guest to staff ratio is impressive. Clearly they enjoy their work – pomexpat
- Staff are top class, all friendly and very helpful too. Would recommend to my friends with confidence – John K