Potters often gets compared to a cruise ship on land, but did you know that Potters hosts a Bowls Cruise every year?
For the past six years, Potters Abroad has been setting sail with a group of guests to incredible destinations, delivering fun activities, and bowls on-board, as well as at different ports of call along the way.
Here are five reasons why you should join us on a cruise…
- Greg Harlow – Greg is Potters Bowls Ambassador and world ranked number 1 for indoor bowls. He manages Potters Bowls Shop and loves hosting the Potters Abroad Bowls Cruises, giving guests lots of tips and advice along the way
- Play bowls on-board and at clubs\n– this is your chance to combine a cruise with a bowls break. Play on-board and stop-off to play with locals at different clubs. Of course, you don’t need to take part in the bowls and can instead watch, or just relax
- Fully inclusive – The 2019 cruise is fully inclusive, with accommodation, food, Fred.Olsen’s drink package, pre-paid gratuities, bowls in three ports of call, fun activities, and the services of a Potters Abroad representative throughout the cruise
- Friendly group – Potters has a limited number of cabins available onboard the ship, meaning a small and friendly group with a maximum of 48 people (due to coach numbers). Every year we have returning guests and new faces joining us
- Fred.Olsen’s – relax in comfort with Fred.Olsen’s, enjoying fantastic accommodation, facilities, food and entertainment.
And here’s some comments from guests who joined us on our 2018 cruise.
- “Have had a wonderful time…enjoyed every minute. Rates the best so far. Thank you for all your help.”
- “The fun bowls was a brilliant way to get to know everybody. Meeting people from other clubs was fantastic and we had a wonderful time.”
- “Angie, Kay and Greg were really good, and I enjoyed the cruise immensely.”
- “Another excellent holiday, thanks Angie, Greg and Kay.”
- “Very happy experience, our three hosts are very attentive and nothing is too much trouble for them.”
- “As I was travelling on my own, I was a little apprehensive. However, the friendliness of the group and the caring attitude of the hosts was exceptional. I have never had so much fun and laughter with such a lovely group of people. The hosts worked very hard to make sure we had a good time and I can’t wait for the next cruise.”
We also caught up with Potters sales manager and Potters Abroad representative, Angela Bennett, to find out about the cruise. Angela said: “This cruise is a perfect combination of a great cruise holiday with like-minded people relaxing and enjoying bowls together. Every cruise I’ve been on has been an absolute privilege to host and all the guests now feel like friends as we’re together most of the time, so it becomes like a family. Of course, not everyone wants to play bowls, but they can watch\nor enjoy all the other activities arranged for the group, including quizzes, evening entertainment and facilities, such as open-air swimming pools. And the food is incredible! Fun short-mat bowls on the ship can be interesting at times and the waves have been known to help some bowlers get a winning result! We can’t wait to do it all again in 2019.”
The Mediterranean with Lavender in Provence Bowls Cruise departs on 9th July 2019 for 14 nights onboard Fred.Olsen’s Braemar. Visit Malaga, Barcelona, Marseille, Mahon, Cartagena and Lisbon, with a chance to visit the fragrant lavender fields at Provence, the Cathédrale de la Major, Alcazaba Fortress, Picasso Museum, Sagrada Familia and much, much more. Places are going fast!
Click here for more information, or call 0333 3207 454.
And remember we also have Cyprus holidays too.