It's sometimes hard to know what to pack for your short break, especially when you don't have too far to travel. That's why we've put together a handy guide to help you pack…
- Make a list – decide everything you need in advance so you don’t forget essentials like medication and sun cream
- Prepare for the journey – remember to take drinks and snacks for your journey to your destination. Think about travel games and entertainment to keep the kids happy too
- Pack light – do you really need five pairs of shoes or the dress you haven’t worn in two years? Plan what you’re going to wear for every day, and wash and reuse items too
- Dress for all weathers – know what the British weather is like? It can drastically change at any moment so make sure you pack for sunny or cooler temperatures
- Capitalise on suitcase space – rolling your clothes is the way to go, and also helps reduce pesky wrinkles and creases in clothes
- Create compartments – be organised and create different areas in your suitcase so you know where everything is if you need to get to things quickly
- Think about what you’ll be doing – are you going to take part in sports and activities, or planning a swim? If so, you’ll need to bring trainers, sports kits and swimming costumes
- Don’t leave without the essentials – you won’t be able to do much without your purse and some other key essentials so make sure you bring them!
- Enjoy your short break!