The Kingdom Choir™ are making their debut at Potters Resort on Sunday 10th November 2019, following on from their mesmerising performance of Stand By Me at the Royal Wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle.
Since being seen by close to two billion people since the wedding, they have amassed millions of views of their performance on YouTube and released their first album, Stand By Me, in 2018, which showcases the pure joy and spiritual essence that runs through all of their performances.
This is a break not to be missed and on the evening The Opera Boys will also be appearing!
The Kingdom Choir’s™…Stand By Me album features heart-rending renditions of Beyoncé’s Halo, John Legend’s All Of Me as well as the title track of the album - their infamous take on Stand By Me. Also on the album is a brand new, emotionally powerful ballad written by members of The Kingdom Choir called Chases. Also I Say a Little Prayer, Make You Feel My Love, Something Inside So Strong, Lovely Day, Amazing Grace and many more!
Read on to find out more about them…
- The choir was founded in 1994 by award-winning conductor Karen Gibson. The group of singers from in and around London draw from various Christian traditions and are dedicated to creating a sound that demonstrates the community they share through their warm energy and enthusiastic performance. Prior to performing in front of nearly two billion people at the Royal Wedding, the largest audience The Kingdom Choir had performed to was just 600 people
- Gibson says that she put the choir together after the BBC asked her for help. “I started The Kingdom Choir™ in response to a request from the BBC, who needed a choir for a special program they were broadcasting,” she said on the choir’s Facebook page. “I now know that this was not a random incident or by accident, but the beginning of something that has blossomed in purpose and passion.”
- The website for the choir crashed soon after their Royal Wedding performance due to the number of people who tried to access it
- Karen Gibson is an award-winning gospel choir conductor who has conducted some of the most prestigious, large-scale choirs across the UK. The high standard of her work has taken her across Europe and further – Japan, Rwanda, Nigeria, Guyana, and the USA. Karen’s choirs are regular finalists or winners of choir competitions, including BBC Songs of Praise Gospel Choir of The Year
- In 2000 they won BBC Radio 2s Minstrels in the Gallery annual competition
- In 2002 they were nominated for best UK Choir at the Oasis Awards
- They have performed on TV, for adverts, corporate launches and at venues including Royal Albert Hall, St Paul’s Cathedral, St Martins in the Field and the Millennium Dome, now the O2
- Karen has previously provided backing vocals for acts such as Grace Kennedy and The Beautiful South
- They are passionate about producing a sound that resonates in people’s hearts. They believe in love, music and power
- This unique group of seasoned and dedicated men and women deliver high quality performances time after time with their strong blend of choral discipline with the raw Gospel spiritual sound
We can’t wait to see them take to the stage in a night also featuring The Opera Boys and hear more of their music.