Christmas is nearly here and between decking the halls, present buying and wrapping, it’s the perfect season to enjoy time together as a family.
Here’s six activities to do with your family over the Christmas period…
- Decorate a gingerbread house –decorate a house which you can then have in the house for a few days for decoration purposes before devouring. Make sure you have lots of royal icing and sweets ready for this fun activity for all ages
- Make paper snowflakes or paper chains – get creative with paper and make some paper snowflakes. All you need is paper and some scissors and you’re away! Alternatively watch our special how to guide to making Christmas tree napkins for your table
- Track Santa – Get ready…it’s almost time! A Christmas Eve tradition, track Santa’s sleigh ride as he makes his way around the world in one night. NORAD has been tracking him every Christmas Eve for the past 60 years or have some fun on Google’s Santa Tracker
- Christmas chocolate hunt – It’s the time to indulge so go on a treasure hunt with chocolate tree decorations. Make a map or hide them in a room in the house for the little ones to find
- Movie night – before Father Christmas comes down the chimney, snuggle up on the sofa in your pyjamas and watch Christmas films to get you in the mood for Christmas. Obligatory snacks and hot chocolate, mince pies and mulled wine are needed. You can never watch Elf enough times!
- Get outside – after any over-indulgence, head outside into the great outdoors for a Christmas walk to burn off calories. Wrap up warm and don your scarves, gloves, hats and boots. You could even head outside as it gets dark to see Christmas lights and choose who has the most festive house in the neighbourhood! The current weather is mild but if it suddenly takes a turn for the worse, head outside for a snowball fight or build a snowman!