For some good old-fashioned family fun head along to Potters Street Fayre. A regular feature on Potters Family breaks, the traditional Fayre is held outside in the Summer, weather permitting, and is a chance to get all ages together for some light relief and entertainment. Here is what you can expect…
- Games - While our games change, you can always expect some throwing or hula style games to get involved with. There is always four games, plus Buz has a stall and it is always a surprise to guests and the team what he will be doing!
- Entertainment – Enjoy live music from singer Roxy Yarnold or Johnny Cleveland on his keyboard. Plus we have a compère, such as Mark Brewer or Jonny Mac on hand to entertain the troops.
- Sweet treats – There’s always some tempting treats, such as waffles, ice cream or sweets
- Silly competitions – Get involved with some fun antics, such as a sausage roll catching competition (or a catch the falafel competition for vegetarians)
- Win – Collect tickets by taking part in the games and then exchange them for prizes, including a bottle of spirits, a photo of Mark Brewer, toilet rolls and a crossword, and a bag of coconuts
- Pie in face – A member of the entertainments team or a guest may find themselves in the Potters stocks, ready for others to throw a pie in their face!
We caught up with Rachel Baade, Entertainments Manager, for an insight into the Fayre: “There is so much traditional and silly fun on offer. All ages can get involved in the stalls and enjoy the free entertainment, and there is a great community atmosphere as most guests come along. Some of the games in the past have included hook-a-duck, ball in the bucket, darts, feed the clown, a coconut shy and play your cards right. I’m looking forward to seeing you all there!”