Summer is fast approaching and it has been revealed that more than half of Brits are set to stay in the UK this Summer on a short family break*. After all, a staycation means no travel costs, no baggage restrictions, a break packed with nostalgia and celebrating how great the UK is. After seeing all the smiles, laughter and fun you had last Summer, #SummerofFun Family Festival is back by popular demand for 2018, and now with even more added to the family-friendly line-up. With so much on offer and adults catered for as carefully as the kids, there will never be a dull moment at Potters. Here’s a taster of what’s coming up for you on one of our family Summer UK breaks in a handy A-Z...
- Animal encounters – stroke, pose for a photo and learn about animals as we join forces with our friends at Africa Alive to bring a taste of the exotic to your family break. Get ready to meet an array of critters**, including Royal Python, Spiny Mice, a Pancake Tortoise, a Giant Snail, a Tanzanian Red Leaf Millipede and a Madagascan Hissing Cockroach. Step into the shoes of David Attenborough and find out more about these gorgeous creatures
- Bucking Rodeo Bull – yee-ha! A ride to remember as you buck, spin and twist, and see how long you can hold on. It is guaranteed to make everybody watching laugh-out-loud, as you try and hold on to the spinning, jumping and bucking bull for as long as you can. A fall is almost guaranteed as it gets faster!
- Cliffhanger – race against the clock to see who can make it to the top of the climbing wall first
- Dance – put your best foot forward for dance classes, designed for all ages and abilities
- Entertainment every night – In the evenings take a seat in the Atlas Theatre as we travel around the world, courtesy of Potters Theatre Company, who will be here all Summer performing their dazzling NEW show, Around the World in 80 Days. They’ll also be performing A Night at the Movies: Take 2, Divaz, celebrating iconic female artists such as Whitney Houston and Beyonce, and Dukes, celebrating legendary male artists. Plus join us in the Terrace Bar afterwards for live music and late night entertainment
- Football coaching – ex-Leeds and England football star Paul Reaney will be on hand to coach your little ones in the beautiful game
- Gladiators – want to be crowned the ultimate gladiator? Let battle commence with our NEW Gladiator-inspired challenge, which will get you jousting, ducking, bashing and swerving your opponent. If you watched the Gladiators TV show, then you’ll remember the game where contenders used a massive pugil stick to knock each other off the platform. This is your chance to unleash your inner Wolf or Lightning and have a go, only a little closer to ground level!
- Heights – swing to great heights and have a go on our 16 meter outdoor thrill ride, The Giant’s Swing
- Inclusive Value – with pretty much EVERYTHING included in the price of your break, you and your wallet can relax
- Jam-packed schedule – there’s so much to do all day long at Potters and you’ll receive a programme for each day on arrival. What will you do first?
- Kids’ Clubs – are you a Bouncing Boo, a Bamboozle, an Inbetweenie or part of the T Club? Up to four Kids’ Clubs run on each family break
- Laugh out Loud – the comedy team, including Mark Brewer, are here to entertain you all Summer with their antics
- Midnight Dish – enjoy a delicious late night snack to keep you dancing all night long
- New Age Kurling – have a go at this fun sport which requires you to deliver stones to the target
- Open mic sessions – there’s lots of opportunities for your voice to be heard so sing out loud and proud
- Potters Summer Fayre – have a go at classic games such as hook a duck, darts and hoopla
- Quizzes - take part in a range of quizzes, from TV themes to general knowledge
- Rally Karts – enjoy the thrill of the race as you speed around the track. Who will get the fastest lap?
- Sweeper – Think you mastered The Sweeper last Summer? This year, we challenge you to try our NEW two-arm Sweeper! Now you have two arms to jump over as you attempt to beat the opposition as it rotates faster and faster. Fast, fun and perfect for all the family to take on, mayhem is guaranteed as you work hard to keep your balance. It’s double the fun!
- Treasure Hunt – can you solve Buzby’s clues to crack the code and open the safe first?
- Ultimate Frisbee – this team challenge is the ultimate throwing and catching game, and tests your speed
- Vlogs – Get your clapperboard at the ready to become a Potters film director! Capture the magic of a Potters Summer break in a 60-second vlog and share the video with us to be in with a chance of becoming our next social media star. Upload it to your preferred social media account tagging @PottersResort by Monday 10th September
- Whirlpool – the ultimate way to relax and unwind after a busy day in our 10-seater luxury whirlpool. Pure bliss!
- Xtreme Segways – indoors or out, it’s the most fun you can have on two wheels
- You – Our Summer breaks are built with all your family in mind, plus grandparents, teenagers, and aunties and uncles
- Zumba – shake your hips with this fun and energetic class
This in addition to everything you loved last Summer, including alfresco music on the Family Green, Champion’s Hour, where you take on Potters staff, Laser Clays, Segways, and so much more. And don’t forget our special family GameZone area, featuring a soft play area, family-friendly gaming machines, an iPad bar and four Ten Pin bowling lanes. You’ll also get the chance to sing out loud and proud in one of our Open Mic sessions. With all this, a stunning coastline, and food and drink to cater for every taste, get ready to join us for an amazing family Summer break. We can’t wait!
*A recent report by Travelodge revealed that 57 per cent of holidaymakers will stay on home soil this year.
**On all Summer breaks, except 24th August 2018.