Get ready to party and Shake, Rattle and Roll as the legendary That’ll Be That Day returns to Potters by popular demand. The UK’s most successful touring rock ‘n’ roll production delivers a mixture of unique comedy routines with back to back non-stop classic gold hits from the 50s through to the 70s for a feel good party atmosphere. Here is a taster of what you can expect from the family show…
Step back in time with the popular show which has been touring for over 30 years, and hear rock ‘n’ roll hits from the 50s, 60s and 70s. Expect an evening of hits from the likes of Johnny Cash, Paul McCartney, Connie Francis, Jerry Lee Lewis, Roy Orbison, Buddy Holly, Elvis, Cliff Richard and Mick Jagger performed live. You are guaranteed to be up on your feet and dancing!
It is also a variety show so, as well as incredible live music performances, expect some comedy to make you laugh out loud, stunning costumes and dance, with the show being living proof that rock ‘n’ roll will never die!
The show, which currently comprises five vocalists and five musicians, is rewritten annually to incorporate new and used material. Since its creation, the show has been written, directed and produced by Trevor Payne, who performs in the show.
The show has already raised well over £250,000 for the Make a Wish Foundation.
Celebrating an entire era of timeless nostalgia, the production is well known for its ability to make audiences return time and time again for a new experience.
Here are some reviews…
- 'What a great value for money show That'll Be The Day is. Not to be missed!' (Daily Mail)
- 'This show just gets better and better' (The Daily Telegraph).
- ‘A superb value-for-money night out for lovers of great music & fun’ (The Express)
- “It was fabulous. Non-stop songs, jokes and dancing. Took me back to my youth." – Arline
- "Fantastic night as usual. If I could afford it I would go to every show." – Rita
- “You had us rocking from the word go. Thanks guys for all the hard work and all round entertainment you put into every show, you never disappoint." – Michael & Gill
Rock ‘n’ Roll genre
In its purest form, rock ‘n’ roll has three chords, a strong back beat and a catchy melody. Early rock ‘n’ roll songs drew from blues, R&B, country, pop, jazz and pop. This created a blues-based song structure that was fast, danceable and catchy.
The first wave of rock ‘n’ rollers were Chuck Berry, Elvis Presley, Little Richard, Jerry Lee Lewis, Buddy Holly, the Everly Brothers and many more.
Some of our most favourite and catchy rock ‘n’ roll songs includes…
- Rock Around the Clock – Bill Haley
- Johnny B. Goode – Chuck Berry
- Great Balls of Fire – Jerry Lee Lewis
- Tutti Frutti – Little Richard
- Shake Rattle and Roll – Bill Haley
- Hound Dog – Elvis
- Peggy Sue – Buddy Holly
- That’ll Be The Day – Buddy Holly
- Good Golly Miss Molly – Little Richard
- Reet Petite – Jackie Wilson